(1)这些动词跟其他另一个动词一起做并列谓语时,否定不转移。如:
I believe and hope he won’t do that.
我相信并且也希望他将不会那样做。
I feel and admit that we are not foolish.
我觉得并且也承认我们并不愚蠢。
(2)用于疑问句时,否定不转移。如:
Do you think it is not going to rain?
你认为天不会下雨吗?
Don’t you believe that he has done a good thing?
难道你不相信他做了一件好事?
(3)用作插入语时,否定不转移。如:
Li Lei, I think, won’t be angry with you.
我想李蕾不会生你的气。
Tom, I suppose, won’t be against it.
我猜想汤姆不会反对。
Mike, I believe, hasn’t seen the film.
我认为迈克没有看这场电影。
(4)动词前有其他副词修饰时,否定不转移。如:
I really don’t think it’s necessary for us to go there now.
我的确不认为我们有必要去那儿。
I feel strongly that he shouldn’t do such a thing.
我强烈地认为他不应该做那样的事。
(5)动词为非一般现在时或主语不是第一人称时,否定不转移。
I thought that he wouldn’t come back soon.
我原以为他不会回来得这么快。
She didn’t believe that he became a good boy.
她不相信它变成了一个好孩子。
He thinks that he isn’t fit for the job.
他认为他不适合这件工作。
He doesn’t believe that what we told him is true.
他不相信我们告诉他的事是真的。